1. Job Description
At ReactiveOps we are first and foremost a services organization, and as such, our highest priority is to serve our clients. We are looking for someone who, from the very first interaction, is able to walk the line of being a driven networking machine dedicated to selling and yet has the people skills necessary to care about potential clients’ true needs. We genuinely believe the services and solutions we’re selling at ReactiveOps are in-demand and valuable to a broad and growing market and we want someone who can project confidence in our services and knows when to walk away when we’re not a fit.
In the role of VP of Sales, you will generate new business opportunities through attending networking events, being present at relevant conferences and meetups and networking widely to build a reputation and a book of potential business. You will spend the majority of your time building great relationships with prospects, so you should be engaging and friendly while projecting professionalism.
You will be a strongly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively interact with prospects as well as the ReactiveOps team. This is an opportunity for someone to drive clarity and intention through our sales process and play a critical role in driving our future success.
You are as comfortable selling directly to executives at Fortune 500 companies as you are prioritizing leads with product specialists and reporting progress against key sales metrics. In this role, you will operate at all altitudes.
2. We’d love to hear from you if:
- Utilize all social & professional channels to network broadly and engage with prospects
- Attend Meetups, conferences, and travel when necessary to engage as wide of an audience as possible (no more than 25% travel)
- Strategically work alongside our existing sales and marketing team to target new markets and find new avenues to get in front of potential clients
- Set up calls and move qualified leads through the process to close, including contract negotiation and writing.
- Work effectively in a team environment to support achievement of sales goals.
- You have a strong desire to learn and succeed in B2B tech sales
- You have previous experience as a senior sales leader focused on the tech industry (preferably cloud specifically)
- Extensive experience selling technical solutions in to technical teams. Preferably for a services organization.
- You know how to make a visionary sale—you can capture the unique vision of what ReactiveOps does and inspire executive sales prospects and customers with a sense of what’s possible
- Natural networking tendency and skill and excellent organizational/follow up skills
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being obnoxious
- Active listening & questioning skills
- People love working with and for you
- Ability to learn, reason and adapt quickly
- You have a point of view but are low ego
- Ability to think creatively and help our growing sales team look in to new methods/approaches
- You understand what it means to compete as part of a team
- Can be successful in a distributed (work-from-home) environment
ReactiveOps embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.